Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
Comparing documents takes two versions of a document and compares for changes.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Comparing documents takes two versions of a document and compares for changes. The Track Changes feature is applied and allows you to accept or reject the changes.
When to use
Any time a document has to be checked side-by-side for changes, this is an electronic task that can be done in seconds.
Review Ribbon, Compare
Open the two documents:
- Click Compare and open the two documents, Original and Revised, click OK.
- A brand new document is created and named “Document1”
- Track Changes has now been applied to the document and you can use the features in the previous Track Changes lesson to manage the file.
- To view the changes in a pane rather than on the actual document screen, Click “Reviewing Pane” and choose Vertical or Horizontal.
- When finalizing a document, click the Accept/Reject buttons and the markup lines in the left margin will disappear.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.