About this lesson
Comparing documents takes two versions of a document and compares for changes.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Comparing documents takes two versions of a document and compares for changes. The Track Changes feature is applied and allows you to accept or reject the changes.
When to use
Any time a document has to be checked side-by-side for changes, this is an electronic task that can be done in seconds.
Review Ribbon, Compare.
Open the two documents
- Click Compare and open the two documents, Original and Revised, click Ok.
- A brand new document is created and named Document1.
- Track Changes has now been applied to the document and you can use the features in the previous Track Changes lesson to manage the file.
- To view the changes in a pane rather than on the actual document screen, Click Reviewing Pane and choose Vertical or Horizontal.
- When finalizing a document, click the Accept/Reject buttons and the markup lines in the left margin will disappear.
Login to download
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.