About this lesson
Learn how to apply bold, italic, underline and Drop Caps styles to text.
Download this lesson’s related exercise files.Format Text with Fonts and Colors
59 KB Format Text with Fonts and Colors - Solution
Format Text with Fonts and Colors
Learn 3 ways to apply text formats
When to use
Formatting text adds clarity and uniformity to a document.
- Click the line of text that you want to apply a Format to.
- Click the HOME ribbon and move the mouse to the FONT group.
- Click any of the buttons within the FONT group to see the effect on the selected text.
- When selecting text, the minibar will pop up with the base-level font tools available.
- If advanced formats are needed, the corner arrow on the Home ribbon, Font group (shown in pic above) will open up for more options.
- The format only applies to the SELECTED text. If nothing is selected, nothing will format. Make sure you have told the computer what you want it to do by clicking, dragging, and selecting the text before applying a format.
- Double-click a word to select one word.
- Triple-click a paragraph to select a full paragraph.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.