Use the Format Painter to copy and paste formatting.
When to use
Any time you want to quickly duplicate formatting (but not the text), the Format Painter button is the best option.
- Click the line of text that you want to copy Formatting from.
- Click the Format Painter button on the Home ribbon, Clipboard group - look for the paintbrush icon.
- Click and drag over the line of text you want to apply the Formatting to.
- The format only applies to the SELECTED text. Make sure you have told the computer what you want it to do by clicking, dragging, and selecting the text.
- Single-click the Format Painter to use it one time only.
- Double-click the Format Painter to use it as many times as you like until you are finished.
- Press ESC to turn off the Format Painter when you are done, or click the Format Painter button to turn it off.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.