About this lesson
Download this lesson’s related exercise files.Basic Paragraph Formats - Exercise.docx
59.1 KB Basic Paragraph Formats - Exercise Solution.docx
Basic Paragraph Formats
Home Ribbon, Paragraph Group
When to use
Use the Paragraph Alignment buttons when you want to align text with the left edge, right edge, both edges, or center align.
- Click the line of text that you want to apply Paragraph Format to.
- Click the Left Align button so the text is flush with the left margin. This is the default paragraph alignment. (Meaning, it’s how the computer displays it if you do not make changes.)
- Click the Center Align button so the text is centered between both margins. Used to align titles over a report or story.
- Click the Right Align button so the text is flush with the right margin. Use when you want text flush right on the document.
- Click the Justify Align button so the text is flush with both margins. Used in a formal business or report document.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.