About this lesson
Download this lesson’s related exercise files.Bullets & Numbering - Exercise.docx
61.7 KB Bullets & Numbering - Exercise Solution.docx
Bullets and Numbering
Find the Bullet and Numbering 'switches' (which means they turn on and off with the same button) on the Home Ribbon, Paragraph Group.
When to use
Use the Bullets and Numbering buttons when there is a list of items that need a sequential order.
- Click the list of text (or paragraphs) where you want to apply Bullets or Numbering.
- Click the Bullet button, (or Numbering button)
- To turn off a bullet or number from a certain line item,
- Select that line item
- Click the Bullet button, (or Numbering button) to disable it for that line
- If you would like a more interesting bullet or a different numbering pattern, make sure to click the Drop Down arrows on either of the bullet & numbering buttons and explore the options.
- Alt + Shift + up/down arrows to move list items around while maintaining numbering order.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.