About this lesson
Download this lesson’s related exercise files.Page Numbers & File Location Notes - Excercise.docx
49.7 KB Page Numbers & File Location Notes - Excercise Solution.docx
Page Numbers and File Location Notes
Learn how to apply and control page numbers and insert file notes.
When to use
When you want to add page numbers to your document.
Access the Footer two ways:
- Move your mouse to the top or bottom margin of the page and double-click.
- Click the Insert Ribbon, Click Footer drop-down arrow and choose a layout
OR, click the “Edit Footer” option
- Observe the three changes to your screen:
- The document portion is shaded and the footer portion is brightened up
- The dashed line appears with the footer label
- A new ribbon opens at the top:
Insert Page Numbers into the Footer:
- On the Header & Footer Tools Ribbon
- Click Page Number drop-down arrow and choose a layout
Note: this will wipe out any existing text inside the footer
- OR, click the “Current Position” option, which will retain text already in the footer
- With the tab key (on your keyboard), move the page number inside the Footer
Insert File Location Notes into the Footer:
- While in the Footer area, position the insertion point where you want the File Path to be placed.
- On the Header & Footer Tools Ribbon, click Document Info
- Click the “File Path” and observe the result.
Two options to close the Footer:
- Move your mouse to the document page and double-click.
- Choose “Close Header/Footer” on the Header & Footer Tools ribbon
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.