Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
Format text with colors and apply fonts.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Format text with fonts and colors
When to use
This is a standard function inside Word 2016. It adds uniformity to business documents and adds interest to less formal documents.
- Select a word* (with a click and drag, or a double click on a word)
- Click the Font Style drop-down arrow and choose a font
- Click the Font Size drop-down arrow and choose a size
- Click the Font Color drop-down arrow and pick a color
- Double-Click any word to select the word.
- Triple-Click the word to select a paragraph.
- CTRL A will select the entire document
(or a triple click in the left margin)
- Pay attention to the mini-bar when it appears. It is useful and close to your work area.
- If the font style and/or size box are blank, it is because your selection contains two or more styles and it is confused so it appears blank. Simply choose a font style or size and it will be fine.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.