About this lesson
Format text with colors and apply fonts.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Download the ‘before’ and ‘after’ Word documents from the video tutorial and try the lesson yourself.Formatting Fonts.docx
58.2 KB Formatting Fonts - Solution.docx
Format text with fonts and colors.
When to use
This is a standard function inside Word 2019. It adds uniformity to business documents and adds interest to less formal documents.
- Select a word* (with a click and drag, or a double click on a word).
- Click the Font Style drop-down arrow and choose a font.
- Click the Font Size drop-down arrow and choose a size.
- Click the Font Color drop-down arrow and pick a color.
Hints & tips
- Double-Click any word to select the word.
- Triple-Click the word to select a paragraph.
- CTRL A will select the entire document (or a triple-click in the left margin).
- Pay attention to the mini-bar when it appears. It is useful and close to your work area.
- If the font style and/or size box are blank, it is because your selection contains two or more styles and it is confused so it appears blank. Simply choose a font style or size and it will be fine.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.