About this lesson
Quickly copy and paste “formats” with this amazing button.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Download the ‘before’ and ‘after’ Word documents from the video tutorial and try the lesson yourself.Format Painter .docx
66.9 KB Format Painter - Solution.docx
Use the Format Painter button to quickly copy and paste “formats”.
When to use
Any time you want to quickly duplicate formatting, the Format Painter button is the best option.
- Click the line of text that you want to copy Formatting from.
- Click the Format Painter button on the Home ribbon, Clipboard group.
- Click and drag over the line of text that you want to apply the Formatting to.
Hints & tips:
- The format only applies to the SELECTED text. Make sure you have told the computer what you want it to do by clicking, dragging, and selecting the text.
- Single click the Format Painter to use it one time only.
- Double click the Format Painter to use it as many times as you like until you are finished.
- Press ESC on keyboard to turn off the Format Painter when you are done; or click the button to turn it off.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.