About this lesson
Learn to quickly find a word or format and replace it with an alternative.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Download the ‘before’ and ‘after’ Word documents from the video tutorial and try the lesson yourself.The Find/Replace Function.docx
122.8 KB The Find/Replace Function - Solution.docx
The Find/Replace Function
Quickly find words and replace them with other words or formats.
When to use
Rather than searching visually for certain words in a document, the Find function will highlight the words. Then you have the option to Replace them with other words or formats.
1. Click the Find button on the Home ribbon or press CTRL F.
The Navigation Pane appears on the left side of the screen.
2. In the Search box, type the word to find: "MS Word".
Notice all instances of that word are highlighted in the document.
3. To replace the word, click the drop-down arrow by the Search box and choose “Replace”, or type CTRL H.
SHAPE \* MERGEFORMAT
4. Type the Find word and the Replace word; use the buttons on the screen to move through the words individually or all at once with “Replace All”.
5. Click “More>>” to replace with Font styles or colors.
6. If you replace too much and want to reverse it, simply click the UNDO button on the ribbon or press CTRL Z.
Login to download
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.