About this lesson
Pre-designed cover pages to give a professional look to your report.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Download the ‘before’ and ‘after’ Word documents from the video tutorial and try the lesson yourself.Add a Cover Page.docx
57.2 KB Add a Cover Page - Solution.docx
Add a Cover Page
How to add a pre-designed cover page to your document.
When to use
A cover page is a professional finish to a college level term paper, or a business report. It gives the document a final and polished look.
Note: It is a good practice to View, Navigation Pane.
This allows you to observe the pages on the left panel.
1. Using the exercise file, click under the first line of text, or you can use a blank Word document.
2. On the INSERT ribbon, Pages group, click “Cover Page”.
The Navigation Pane shows the cover page above the original page.
3. Undo (Ctrl Z) so the cover page is removed.
4. Insert a second page in your document: Click under the text and press Ctrl Enter (or Ctrl Return).
The Navigation Pane shows two pages.
5. While insertion point is still on page 2, on the INSERT ribbon, Pages group, click “Cover Page”.
The Navigation Pane shows the cover page at the top of the document regardless of where you were clicked in the document.
To edit the cover page, click into the pre-formatted fields and fill in the information. You also have the option to move and resize the frames. Make sure to click the edges of the frames to move them.
To remove a cover page:
1. On the INSERT ribbon, Pages group, click “Cover Page”.
2. Choose “Remove Current Cover Page”.Login to download
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.