About this lesson
Download this lesson’s exercise file.Printing - Exercise.docx
Explore the various options within the Print dialogue box.
When to use
Controlling the Print Settings is important in saving paper and ink when printing. Use these features every time you have special instructions for the printer.
- Click File, Print (or use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl-P)
- Select the number of copies to print.
- Select the Printer to use; should be already set up on your computer system.
- Print All Pages, or Print Current Page.
The Current Page is the one on the Preview screen at the time you click PRINT.
Custom Print allows you to be choosy about which pages:
- To print pages 1 through 3, type “1-3”.
- To print only pages 1 and 3, type “1, 3”.
- Print One Sided is the most common setting unless your printer has the ability to print both sides at once.
- To print multiple pages on a sheet, click “1 Page Per Sheet” and the options will open above that button. Make your choice and click Print.
Note: By clicking “2 pages per sheet”, you will print a single-sided booklet of your document.
Hints & tips
- Ctrl + Page Down = jump down to next page.
- Ctrl + Page Up = jump up to next page.
- Ctrl + Home = take you to the top of the document.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.