About this lesson
Make the selected part of a picture transparent to either cleverly crop parts of the picture, or make parts of the picture transparent to overlay in front of other pictures without obscuring them.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Download the ‘before’ and ‘after’ PowerPoint presentations from the video tutorial and try the lesson yourself.Remove Picture Backgrounds.pptx
316.5 KB Remove Picture Backgrounds - Solution.pptx
Remove Picture Backgrounds
Removing the background from pictures.
When to use
To overlay images without obscuring objects behind them.
- Select the picture, click the Format tab, and then click Remove Background.
- The square or rectangular marquee (used to select parts of an image) helps you focus on the part of the picture that you want to keep.
- You can Mark Areas to Keep either as a single dot or as a line drawn with the pointer.
- You can Mark Areas to Remove the background either as a single dot or as a line drawn with the pointer.
- You can delete a mark by clicking Delete Mark and selecting the mark.
- You can discard or keep all changes.
Click the slide outside the selected image or the Keep Changes button to finalize the changes. The changes can also be undone at a later time by selecting the picture, clicking the Format tab, and then clicking Reset Picture.
Login to download
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.