About this lesson
Reuse existing slides from another presentation, and retain the theme of that presentation if you wish.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Download the ‘before’ and ‘after’ PowerPoint presentations from the video tutorial and try the lesson yourself.Reusing and Copying Slides.pptx
256 KB Reusing and Copying Slides - Completed.pptx
Reusing slides – to save time.
When to use
When you have pre-existing slides that can be easily used again.
- On the Home tab, in the Slides group, click the arrow below the New Slide button and click Reuse Slides.
- You have these options:
- Browse to a slide library – which is sometimes available in a corporate environment and will need to be installed by IT staff.
- Browse to a file – the method used in the remainder of this cheat sheet.
- Browse to a file and in the dialogue box select a presentation, and click Open.
- Various slides appear in the Reuse Slides pane.
- When you right-click a thumbnail, these options become available:
- Insert Slide – inserts the selected slide into the active presentation and the slide adopts the theme of the active presentation.
- Insert All Slides – inserts all slides into the active presentation and all slides adopt the theme of the active presentation.
- Apply Theme to All Slides – applies the theme of the selected slide to all slides in the active presentation. No slides are inserted.
- Apply Theme to Selected Slides – applies the theme of the selected slide to the selected slides in the active presentation. No slides are inserted.
In general, it’s poor practice to reuse slides instead of properly constructing a storyboard and creating a presentation.
Any thumbnail that you click in the Reuse Slides pane will immediately be inserted into the presentation after the current slide selected.
Login to download
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.