About this lesson
Align and distribute shapes (and other content) so that they are correctly positioned to quickly balance the content on your slides and prevent the same objects on different slides jumping to different locations during a slideshow.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Download the ‘before’ and ‘after’ PowerPoint presentations from the video tutorial and try the lesson yourself.Align and Distribute Shapes.pptx
36 KB Align and Distribute Shapes - Complete.pptx
Aligning and distributing shapes.
When to use
To align or distribute shapes evenly on a slide.
- Select a shape on the slide, click the Format tab, and then click the Align drop-down button.
- To align selected shapes with each other, click Align Selected Objects.
- To align selected shapes relative to the slide, click Align to Slide.
- Click the Align menu item based on the alignment result you desire.
- To Distribute shapes:
- Drag a marquee (used to select parts of an image) with the pointer and release to select shapes to distribute.
- To distribute selected shapes with each other, click Align Selected Objects.
- To distribute selected shapes relative to the slide, click Align to Slide.
- Select either Distribute Horizontally or Distribute Vertically.
Shapes will distribute vertically or horizontally depending on how they are distributed on the slide before you commence. Align Selected Objects will be unavailable if you do not select more than one object on the slide.Login to download
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.