Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
Since a picture is really worth 1000 words, add pictures, change their appearance and do so much more with these fundamental slide objects.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Download the PowerPoint presentation used in the video tutorial and try the lesson yourself.Working with Pictures.pptx
Inserting pictures from the Internet or your computer.
When to use
To insert one or more pictures onto a slide.
Insert a picture off the Internet
- On the Insert tab, within the Images group, click the Clip Art button.
- Select the search method such as Office.com content.
- Click the Results should be arrow and select a content type.
- Type a search term into the search box, press Enter on the keyboard or click the search icon.
- Click the image preview to immediately insert the image into the presentation, or
- Click the arrow at the edge of the image preview to select from more options.
- On the Insert tab, click Picture, and browse to the location of the picture in the Insert Picture dialog box, select the picture, and then click either:
Insert a picture from your computer
- Insert to insert the picture directly, or
- The Insert drop-down arrow and select Link to File. Make sure that if you link to file you distribute the pictures with the presentation.
- To insert multiple pictures, click the Insert tab, and then click Pictures, and browse to the location of the picture in the Insert Picture dialog box, select the picture, hold down the Ctrl key and select other pictures with the pointer, and then click either:
The Link to File and Insert and Link menu items in the drop-down arrow in the Insert Picture dialog box perform the same function. In the Clip Art task pane, you have the option to filter the results by type, such as illustration, photograph, video or audio.Login to download
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.