About this lesson
What to expect from this course
There are no related exercise files for this lesson.
What to expect from this course.
When to use
Prior to commencing the course, it is important that we understand the topics to be covered and what to expect.
In this course we will cover the following topics:
- What is SharePoint and Why is it Useful
- SharePoint Lists and Libraries
- SharePoint Integration
- SharePoint Web Pages
- Roles and Permissions
- Site Collections, Subsites, and Themes
Modern vs. Classic Experience
Pages in SharePoint Online can be viewed in two ways: classic or modern. Classic used to be the only view available in SharePoint but Microsoft is slowly phasing in the modern experience. The modern experience is faster, has more features, and works better across devices. As both are currently available in SharePoint, some pages default to classic view and some to modern.
Our SharePoint settings are set to use the default experience for the site.
- Click the Cog icon.
- Click Library settings.
- Click Advanced settings.
- Scroll down to List experience.
- Check the box next to Default experience for this site.
Important points to note about this course:
- We will be using the online version of SharePoint.
- There are no downloadable course files. Instead, we will create a practice site.
- SharePoint Online is a browser-based application that works best in Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
Hints & tips
- Ensure that you have a Microsoft 365 subscription that includes access to SharePoint Online.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.