About this lesson
Quickly copy and paste “formats” with this amazing button.
Multiple versions of this lesson are available, choose the appropriate version for you:
Use the Format Painter button to quickly copy and paste “formats”.
When to use
Any time you want to quickly duplicate formatting, the Format Painter button is the best option.
- Click the line of text that you want to copy Formatting from.
- Click the Format Painter button on the Home ribbon, Clipboard group.
- Click and drag over the line of text that you want to apply the Formatting to.
Hints & tips:
- The format only applies to the SELECTED text. Make sure you have told the computer what you want it to do by clicking, dragging, and selecting the text.
- Single click the Format Painter to use it one time only.
- Double click the Format Painter to use it as many times as you like until you are finished.
- Press ESC on keyboard to turn off the Format Painter when you are done; or click the button to turn it off.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.