Course design and review
Awards & achievements:
- Chartered Accountant, South African Institute of Chartered Accountants
- SAP ERP4School Foundation Certificate (with distinction)
- Xero Certified Advisor
- Figured Certified Advisor
- Sage Certified Pastel Trainer
- Masters Degree, Accounting (Cum Laude), University of Stellenbosch
Expertise & interests:
- Financial management
- Computer auditing
Lydia is a Chartered Accountant with experience in financial management, lecturing, and consulting.
She first trained as an external auditor and then proceeded to work as a financial manager, consultant, and a tertiary lecturer and mentor for students undertaking a Bachelor of Commerce Accounting degree at the University of the Western Cape, South Africa.
In addition to her background in accounting, her interest in IT was sparked at a tertiary level, leading her to complete a Master's degree in Computer Auditing. As a lecturer, she taught students on topics such as Information systems (FMIS), cyber crime, risk and business' response to risk by applying blended learning methods.
Lydia currently works as a Chartered Accountant and content creator for GoSkills, and loves spending time with family and friends.