About this lesson
There are no related exercise files for this lesson.
These are any combinations of criteria and their levels that are not realistically possible (e.g. a car with high engine power but low fuel consumption).
When to use
Use if the inclusion of such combinations in the trade-offs might cause confusion.
- You can view and add impossible combinations by clicking the arrow next to "Criteria" in the left-hand menu, then clicking on "Impossible Combinations"
- You can also add impossible combinations as you come across them during the trade-offs, by clicking on the garbage icon on the top right corner of a combination that you think is impossible
- Any combinations that you specified as impossible will be removed from the trade-offs
Hints & tips
- Depending on the context, you should be careful not to enter combinations as impossible if they are unrealistic only to you personally, but may be realistic to someone else. For example, saying “I have trouble walking” and “I can perform my every day tasks with ease” may be normal for someone who has never been able to walk.
- Only mark a combination as impossible if including it would cause confusion. Otherwise, you may lose some information about your preferences. Sometimes we have unrealistic preferences, like wanting a very large but very light phone, and that's okay!
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.