About this lesson
Identify the terminology and elements of the Ribbon.
Download this lesson’s exercise file.The Ribbon
Application Terminology – The Ribbon.
When to use
Use to understand the terminology and elements of the Ribbon.
The Quick Access Toolbar (QAT)
- This is the single row of icons at the top left of the screen
- Gives one click access to your most used commands
- Unlike Windows, you cannot customize the QAT
- Made up of Tabs, Groups and Commands
- Tabs are used to hold groups of similar natures
- Groups are collections of related controls
- Controls can consist of buttons, menus and galleries
- TIP: Turn on group names via Excel --> Preferences --> View --> Group Titles
- Unlike Windows Excel, ribbon commands cannot be activated by the keyboard
- The Ribbon dynamically resizes depending on the screen size
- Groups and controls will collapse into smaller versions so that all commands fit on screen
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.