Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
There are no related exercise files for this lesson.
Acquiring Power Pivot and Power Query
An overview of where to get Power Pivot and Power Query.
When to use
When you are unsure if your version of Excel has these add-ins already installed.
The Power Pivot User Interface is included only in the following Office 2013/2016 versions/SKUs:
- Office Professional Plus
- Office ProPlus (Subscription)
- Excel (Standalone Product)
To enable the Power Pivot tab in Excel:
- Excel 2016 & higher:
- Go to File --> Options --> (Advanced) --> Data
- Check the box to “Enable Data Analysis add-ins: Power Pivot, Power Viewer and 3D Maps”
- Excel 2013:
- Go to File --> Options --> Add-ins --> Manage COM Add-ins --> Go…
- Check box next to “Microsoft Office Power Pivot for Excel 2013”
Power Query is a free download from Microsoft for Excel 2010 and 2013. It comes already included in Excel 2016 and higher.
You will find Power Query:
- Excel 2016 & higher: Data Tab in the Get & Transform group
- Excel 2010/2013: Power Query Tab
Hints & tips
- The Power Pivot UI is NOT included with any other Excel 2013 or 2016 version (SKUs containing Business, Premium, Enterprise, Personal, or Home)
- Microsoft released monthly updates for Power Query
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.