About this lesson
Download this lesson’s exercise file.Preparing for Launch.docx
Preparing for Launch
Launching the program from the beginning and looking at the different types of documents that can be created in Adobe Illustrator.
When to use
Anytime you start up Adobe Illustrator you will want to be familiar with the options and settings available to you directly from the Start Workspace.
- Launch Adobe Illustrator
- Open any recent files by choosing them from the list or thumbnail view.
- Open an existing file or create a New Document by clicking ‘New’ or ‘Open’.
- When you select a new document, you will see templates for different kinds of projects:
- Mobile, web, print, film and video, art and illustration
- You can browse through all of the templates and preset options available.
Hints & tips
- To hide the Start Workspace: Go to Preferences > General > Uncheck Show Start Workspace
- To change the Workspace to Essentials, Typography, etc click on the Start dropdown in the upper right hand corner.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.