Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
Download this lesson’s exercise file.The Curvature Tool - Instructions.docx
The Curvature Tool
A brief look at the Curvature Tool and how it can be used with the Pen Tool.
When to use
The Curvature Tool is the ideal choice when you want to either change an angular shape to a curved shape, or from a curved shape back to an angular shape.
- Similar to the steps we took when using the Pen Tool, create either a geometric or organic, curved shape.
- Select the Curvature Tool next to the Pen Tool and click on one of the corners or edges of your shape.
- Notice how the Curvature Tool is able to quickly change a 45 or 90 degree angle into a smooth, curved shape.
- If you click on the same corner or edge once again, it will revert back to the previous angular edge.
Hints & tips
- You can use the Curvature Tool on one or several edges or corners to change a square into a complete circle or ellipse.
- If you are having trouble creating nice curves in a shape, experiment with the Curvature Tool to produce better results.
- The Curvature Tool can also be used to create curved shapes from scratch.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.