About this lesson
Download this lesson’s related exercise files.Adding CSS with Bootstrap.docx
199.5 KB Adding CSS with Bootstrap - Solution.docx
Adding CSS With Bootstrap
In this video we'll be adding the CSS framework Bootstrap to our app.
When to use
Whenever you want to add cool CSS stuff to your app, I suggest you use the free Bootstrap CSS framework.
1. Head over to RubyGems.org and search for Bootstrap
2. Find the listing titled bootstrap-sass
3. Copy the Gemfile reference to your Gemfile and save the file
4. Run bundle install in your terminal
5. Create a new file named bootstraply.css.scss in your app/assets/stylesheets directory
6. Add these two lines to your bootstraply.css.scss file:
//= require bootstrap-sprockets
8. Restart your server.
Hints & tips
- Bootstrap is one of the most popular free CSS frameworks out there
- Bootstrap has several instructions for its installation
- Remember to restart your server after installation
- You'll see that installation was successful if the text of your webpage looks a little different
- Check out GetBootstrap.com to learn more about Bootstrap
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.