If you have ever wanted to learn how to code with the popular Ruby programming language, this introductory course can help you get started building your own web apps. Ruby is known for being a fun and comparatively simple language to learn, ideal for beginners and aspiring web developers. Proficiency in Ruby and its accompanying framework, Ruby on Rails, is a marketable skill, with growing demand for Ruby and Rails developers in the job market.
Designed for beginners, this online course starts out helping you learn the basics of Ruby programming, including operators, variables and conditional statements. You will build on this foundation with intermediate and advanced concepts in Ruby, with practical, hands-on application and examples every step of the way. By the end of the course, you will apply your skills to build a math flashcard game that you can add to your portfolio, or use as your starting point to creating more projects with Ruby.
- 40 practical tutorials.
- Store data in variables and apply arithmetic, comparison and assignment operators.
- Learn how to comment code and deal with errors.
- Create and use arrays and multi-dimensional arrays.
- Understand how and when to use loops, including while, until, for and each loops.
- How to create, use and manipulate hashes.
- Utilize classes, class getters and class setters.
- Learn different modes for opening files and how to write and append data to a file.
- Install and use a third party Gem in your program for extra functionality.
- Put together everything you've learned by building a math flashcard app.
Want to continue improving your skills in Ruby? Check out the Ruby on Rails course.
Once enrolled, our friendly support team and tutors are here to help with any course related inquiries.