Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
Learn best practices for content and formatting of departmental reports.
When to use
When composing written documentation for internal use.
Typical uses of departmental documents:
- Plans and Tactics
- Team Communications
- Motivation and Goals
- Reviews and Recaps
- Recognition and Rewards
Interoffice Correspondence Overview
- Templates for project outlines, reports and memos are commonly used
- Brief: start with objective and scope. Include background and resources as required. Name those involved; use bullet points for action lists
- Team: memos for news or to issue directives as appropriate, connect team members in various locations
- Reviews & Reports: may include business writing for summaries, explanations, updates/changes. Frame projections based on history when possible, use chronological flow
- Goals & Recognition: incentive and rewards are positively framed. Make goals clear; use accessible language
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.