Learn best practices for content and formatting of departmental reports.
When to use
When composing written documentation for internal use.
Typical uses of departmental documents:
- Plans and Tactics
- Team Communications
- Motivation and Goals
- Reviews and Recaps
- Recognition and Rewards
Interoffice Correspondence Overview
- Templates for project outlines, reports and memos are commonly used
- Brief: start with objective and scope. Include background and resources as required. Name those involved; use bullet points for action lists
- Team: memos for news or to issue directives as appropriate, connect team members in various locations
- Reviews & Reports: may include business writing for summaries, explanations, updates/changes. Frame projections based on history when possible, use chronological flow
- Goals & Recognition: incentive and rewards are positively framed. Make goals clear; use accessible language
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.