Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
Learn the uses and best practices for writing business-related content on Twitter.
When to use
When creating Tweets for a business account on Twitter.
Typical business uses of Facebook page:
- Convenient sharing with customers and peers
- Ongoing, worldwide promotional power
- Communications value in your industry
- Your business news and updates
- Free marketing tactic
Post Ideas and Guidelines
- Use conversational or casual tone with your brand communications voice
- Avoid excessive use of abbreviations and texting slang as shorthand, even though Tweets can only be 140 characters at most
- Provide helpful links – yours and others
- Pull in content from other sources (your blog, Facebook, etc.). Retweets (RTs) help to create content as well
- Ask questions; engage your followers. Leave space at the end of tweets for RTs and replies
- Learn the use of #hashtag – to indicate searchable terms and trends
- Share immediate and urgent news and announcements: sales, changes, awards, etc. Twitter is valued for breaking news
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.