Adding bling to your dashboards with Icon Sets.
When to use
Use to add symbols and icons to your dashboard which will dynamically update when the data changes.
Creating Icon Sets
- Select your data and go to the Home tab --> Conditional Formatting --> Icon Sets
- Choose the Icon set you find most attractive
Modifying Icon Sets
- Select any cell that holds the icon set
- Go to the Home tab --> Conditional Formatting --> Manage Rules
- Select your rule --> Edit
- Make your modifications
Hints & tips
- Icon sets default to rules for the top, middle and bottom thirds of your data set. You can change to use values or percentiles as needed
- When modifying a rule you can pick icons from different data sets to make your own
- Unfortunately, you are restricted to the icons provided, and cannot upload your own
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.