Using Color Scales.
When to use
To show a heat map on your data.
Creating Color Scales
- Select your data and go to the Home tab --> Conditional Formatting --> Color Scales
- Choose the Color Scale set you find most attractive
Modifying Color Scales
- Select any cell that holds the Color Scale
- Go to the Home tab --> Conditional Formatting --> Manage Rules
- Select your rule --> Edit
- Make your modifications
Hints & tips
- These rules are useful for showing trends or outliers
- You can set up rules that blend up to three colors
- Rules can be customized to have the blend occur earlier or later in the scale
- Try not to use obnoxious color combinations when building your scales!
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.