Adding easy to use Bullet Charts to your system.
When to use
Bullet charts can convey not only target versus actual, but add performance bands as well.
Adding the Bullet Template to your system
- Open your target workbook
- Open the Bullet Template.xlsx file
- In the Bullet Template file, right click the Bullet Chart tab --> Move or Copy
- Check the box to make a copy, then select your target workbook from the list
- Close the Bullet Template file without saving changes
Updating the bullet chart for your data
- Update the chart title to something that makes sense for your data
- Link the green Target cell (B12) to the goal you want to achieve
- Set the Max OK band (B13) to the top of what you would consider “OK” performance
- Set the Max Poor band (B14) to the bottom of what you would consider “OK” performance
- Link the Actual (B17) to your current results
Deploying the chart
- Copy the desired chart (vertical or horizontal)
- Paste it on your dashboard
Hints & tips
- The Max OK value can be set above or below your target value
- The Max Poor band must be set below your Max OK value
- It’s a good idea to rename your Bullet Chart worksheet so you can add multiple bullet chart worksheets in your workbook
- Hide the bullet chart sheet when done so that users can’t mess with it
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.