Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
Recording a simple Macro in Excel.
Download this lesson’s exercise file.Creating your first macro.xlsx
Creating your first macro
Recording a new macro.
When to use
When you want to start a new macro from scratch.
Recording the Macro
- Go to the Developer tab --> Record Macro
- Provide a name for your macro
- Choose a location to store your macro
- Record the steps
- Go to the Developer tab --> Stop Recording
Choosing where to store the Macro
- Macro is stored in the solution
- Macro is always available with the workbook
- Allows solution to be portable as macros travel with the workbook
- Macro is stored on your machine in a special workbook
- Allows using the macro no matter which workbook is open
- Macro does not travel with the workbook making sharing difficult
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.