About this lesson
Working with the locals window to help you debug and explore the object model.
Download this lesson’s exercise file.Using the Locals window.xlsm
Using the Locals window
Using the Locals window as a debugging tool.
When to use
To gather information about what is contained in a variable.
Open the Locals Window
- Go to View on the main toolbar and select Locals Window from the drop-down menu.
- The window will be empty when first opened. (It is only populated when there is code running.)
Using the Locals Window
- The Locals window displays information about the variables in the code currently being run.
- The information in the Locals window is live, so it will update as you step through your code.
- You can change the value of a variable right in the Locals window.
Hints & tips
- You can drag and dock the Locals window in a different area of the editor if you don’t like the default location.
- Using the Locals window is a good way to discover some of the objects, properties, and methods that you can access.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.