Back to lesson
1. What does it mean to “level load” a task during earned value planning?
Spread the budgeted costs for a task evenly across all time periods in which a task is scheduled to be worked.
Schedule tasks to occur sequentially so that there is only one task being worked on at a time.
Shift task start and end dates and thereby reduce the required level of a resource to be within the available level of that resource.
2. What does it mean to set the EV for a task using the 30 - 70 rule?
A task Earned Value is set by assigning 30% of the cost to EV and 70% of the cost to AC when the task starts. That percentage is switched when the task is 50% complete.
A task Earned Value is set at 30% of the PV when the task starts, then at task completion the remaining 70% is added and the EV is set at 100% of the PV for the task.
A task Earned Value is set by assigning 30% of the PV to EV when the task starts, that number is increased to 70% when the task is 50% complete, and is then set at 100% of PV when the task finishes.
3. Under what circumstances will the current EV for a task exceed the current PV for the task?
If the task is ahead of schedule, the EV can exceed the PV.
EV can never exceed the PV.
When a task is overrun the EV is greater than the PV.
Back to the top
© 2017 GoSkills Ltd.
Skills for career advancement