Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
Layout Tips Part 2
Layout tips explained using the CRaFT methodology.
When to use
Layout tips can assist in building a financial model in excel which is easy to understand and navigate through.
- Enter the Workbook Title in cell A2 using the formula shown below. The workbook is required to be saved for this formula to work. If the workbook name is updated, then the titles in the workbook will automatically update
- A hyperlink can be inserted into cell A3 which can link back to another sheet i.e. ‘Go To Table of Contents’.
- An Error Check box can be inserted into cell F4 – this check box is a formula and will be discussed later
- Ensure the dates are shown consistently i.e. monthly, quarterly, yearly etc. Ensure they are shown in the same columns on each sheet
- Freezing Panes are useful when the worksheet has a heading and data that is not visible on the screen
- Freeze panes will freeze what is above and left of the selected cell
- The black lines indicate where the window has been locked
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.