Formats vs. Styles
Formats vs. styles explained using the CRaFT methodology.
When to use
Formats vs. styles can assist in building a financial model in excel which is easy to understand and navigate through.
- Need to consider house style and fonts
- Need to adhere to the corporate color palette…
- Need to consider cell format when applying formats and styles
- Use a consistent format for each type of cell
- Styles are pre-defined formats to be applied to a cell
- Number format
- Common applications are
- Top sections of models
- Creating a custom style can be useful if it requires editing down the track. Once the style has been edited the new changes made to that style will be applied to all cells that have been formatted with that style.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.