About this lesson
How to use Work in Progress (WIP) Flagging.
There are no related exercise files for this lesson.
Layout Tips Part 6
Layout tips explained using the CRaFT methodology.
When to use
Layout tips can assist in building a financial model in Excel which is easy to understand and navigate through.
- While working on a workbook it is common to get distracted and forget which part of the workbook you are working on. A way of keeping track of what section of the model you are working on is as follows:
- Before walking away from your worksheet or moving to another sheet in the workbook select the Home button – this will take you to column A of the worksheet
- Type something in this column i.e. ‘W’ for work in progress
- Once you come back to this sheet hold CTRL + Home – this will take you back to the cell just underneath the page break
- If you hold CTRL + Arrow Down button – this will take you to the next cell in that column with data in it (the ‘W’ that was typed)
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.