Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
How to use Work in Progress (WIP) Flagging.
There are no related exercise files for this lesson.
Layout Tips Part 6
Layout tips explained using the CRaFT methodology.
When to use
Layout tips can assist in building a financial model in Excel which is easy to understand and navigate through.
- While working on a workbook it is common to get distracted and forget which part of the workbook you are working on. A way of keeping track of what section of the model you are working on is as follows:
- Before walking away from your worksheet or moving to another sheet in the workbook select the Home button – this will take you to column A of the worksheet
- Type something in this column i.e. ‘W’ for work in progress
- Once you come back to this sheet hold CTRL + Home – this will take you back to the cell just underneath the page break
- If you hold CTRL + Arrow Down button – this will take you to the next cell in that column with data in it (the ‘W’ that was typed)
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.