Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
MAX and MIN
Discover how to use MAX & MIN functions in a formula.
When to use
These functions take the maximum and the minimum of their references respectively.
- The formula =MAX(B5:B13) will return the maximum value in cells B5:B13 = 15
- The formula =MIN(B5:B13) will return the minimum value in cells B5:B13 = -8
- Some useful hints when using these functions:
- If a cell is ‘blank’ then the MAX & MIN functions won’t treat the blank cell as a zero
- The MAX & MIN functions will treat ‘blanks’ in formula as a zero
- Empty strings are treated as text; MAX & MIN cannot evaluate text strings
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.