Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
A summary of Keyboard Shortcuts.
Download this lesson’s exercise file.Keyboard shortcuts.xlsx
Understand the benefits of keyboard shortcuts.
When to use
Working in an Excel document.
- The use of keyboard shortcuts can speed up working in Excel. The full list can be viewed in the exercise file.
- An Excel expert is someone who knows 20-30 keyboard shortcuts
- Some handy shortcuts:
- F7 – This will do a spell check on the document. Ensure all sheets are highlighted prior to using this shortcut
- F4 – This has two shortcuts:
- Redo and edit – which will redo the last action performed
- Toggle between the formula to insert a dollar sign for cell referencing – note that for this shortcut to work the formulae bar must be selected
- CTRL + S – This will save the document
- CTRL + C – This will copy the selected cells
- CTRL + V – This will paste the copied cells
- CTRL + Z – This will undo the previous action
- CTRL + F – This will bring up the ‘Find and Replace’ dialog box so that you can search inside the document
- ALT + = – This will sum a range of cells
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.