Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
Explanation of what revenue is.
There are no related exercise files for this lesson.
When to use
When constructing a basic financial model.
- Key area of model
- Will headline figures be derived (e.g. revenue = unit price x number sold) or simply be input?
- Should calculations have the option to be excluded from certain periods?
- Consider inflation: nominal vs. real
- Nominal Basis
- Actual amounts paid and received
- i.e. dollar amount paid for a product or service at time of purchase
- Real Basis
- Amount that would be paid if inflation did not exist
- e.g. price paid for product today at last year’s levels
- Nominal monies always used for actual transactions but may misrepresent real value
Real vs. Nominal Cash Flows (Labour-Intensive Business)
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.