About this lesson
What are the Financial Statement Types, what do they tell us, and an overview of some of the line items in them.
Download this lesson’s related exercise files.Financial Statement Types.docx
203.3 KB Financial Statement Types - Solution.docx
Financial Statement Types
Discover the Financial Statements types.
When to use
To refer to when building a Financial Model.
- Income Statement
- Summary of revenues, cost of goods sold and expenses
- Calculates net profit after tax (NPAT)
- Balance Sheet
- Shows status of assets, liabilities and equity at a point in time
- Snapshot of entity’s financial position at a point in time
- Cash flow statement
- Show how changes in Income Statement and Balance Sheet items affect cash at bank
- Separates cash flows into operating, investing and financing activities
- Calculates net change in cash held (cash)
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.