Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
Understand the Balance Sheet.
When to use
It is necessary to understand the Balance Sheet when building a Financial Model.
- Reports financial position
- Used to be known as the Net Worth Statement
- Represents position at a point in time
- Can be prepared on a historical or current cost accounting basis
- Three parts: Assets, Liabilities and Equity
- Net Assets reflects control
- Total Equity reflects ownership
- Must balance!
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.