Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
How to construct the Financial Statements in basic financial modeling.
Download this lesson’s related exercise files.Constructing Basic Financial Model.docx
203.1 KB Constructing Basic Financial Model - Solution.docx
Constructing Basic Financial Model
Understand how to construct basic Financial Modeling.
When to use
When constructing a basic Financial Model.
Constructing the Financial Statements
- Very simple process
- Repeat for second smallest financial statement, etc.
- Build financial statements from chart of accounts
- Ensure Opening Balance Sheet balances
- Put in (sub) totals
- Incorporate links between the statements
- Build error checks
- Start with smallest financial statement (conceptually) first and consider first line item not yet inserted into the statement:
- Complete calculations if necessary
- Build control account
- Place control account entries into the financial statements
- Make sure it balances
- Next line item
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.