About this lesson
How to build the Financial Statements into the model.
Download this lesson’s related exercise files.Adding Financial Statements.xlsm
79.3 KB Adding Financial Statements - Solution.xlsm
Adding Financial Statements
Discover how to add Financial Statements.
When to use
When constructing a basic financial model.
- Very simple process
- Follow the conceptual order of smallest to largest financial statements when building a model. Repeat for second smallest financial statement, etc.
- Build financial statements from chart of accounts
- Ensure Opening Balance Sheet balances
- Put in (sub) totals
- Incorporate links between the statements
- Build error checks
- Start with smallest financial statement (conceptually) first and consider first line item not yet inserted into the statement:
- Complete calculations if necessary
- Build control account
- Place control account entries into the financial statements
- Make sure it balances
- Next line item
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.