Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
How to build the Financial Statements into the model.
Download this lesson’s related exercise files.Adding Financial Statements.xlsm
79.3 KB Adding Financial Statements - Solution.xlsm
Adding Financial Statements
Discover how to add Financial Statements.
When to use
When constructing a basic financial model.
- Very simple process
- Follow the conceptual order of smallest to largest financial statements when building a model. Repeat for second smallest financial statement, etc.
- Build financial statements from chart of accounts
- Ensure Opening Balance Sheet balances
- Put in (sub) totals
- Incorporate links between the statements
- Build error checks
- Start with smallest financial statement (conceptually) first and consider first line item not yet inserted into the statement:
- Complete calculations if necessary
- Build control account
- Place control account entries into the financial statements
- Make sure it balances
- Next line item
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.