Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
How are the Financial Statements linked?
Download this lesson’s related exercise files.Linking the Financial Statements.xlsm
80.8 KB Linking the Financial Statements - Solution.xlsm
Linking the Financial Statements
Discover how to link the Financial Statements.
When to use
When constructing a basic Financial Model.
- Two links between the three financial statements
- All other links sourced from calculations
- Conceptual order: Income Statement (smallest) --> Cash Flow Statement (middle) --> Balance Sheet (largest).
- The opening retained Profits will be linked from the Opening Balance Sheet
- The NPAT will link from the Income Statement
- To link the Opening Retained Profits to the Opening Bal sheet, enter the following formula: =IF(J$9=1,'Opening Balance Sheet'!$I$50,I50)
- To link the NPAT from the Income Statement, enter the following formula: ='Income Statement'!J28
- The Retained Profits, is the SUM of the above: =SUM(J47:J49)
- The Total Equity is the SUM of the Ordinary Equity and the Retained Profits =J46+J50
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.