Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
A summary of what we covered in the Financial Modeling Techniques course.
There are no related exercise files for this lesson.
Summary of what we've covered in the Financial Modeling Techniques course so far.
When to use
When constructing a basic Financial Model.
In summary, we applied what we first covered in the Basics course, building on that knowledge by applying the ideas to build a financial model.
- Craft Models should adhere to the following four key qualities:
- Model Layout tips and tricks
- Importance of checks
- Used key functions but few and not that complex - KISS
- Financial Statement Ideology – not all created equally.
- Conceptual order described in Goldilocks analogy: Income Statement (smallest) --> Cash Flow Statement (middle) --> Balance Sheet (largest).
- It was important to understand the key concepts and ideas, (but not necessarily all of the calculations) that you can apply to building your own models.
- Remember, when building a financial model, ensure it is broken down into its constituent parts, breaking it down one piece at a time.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.