Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
About this lesson
An overview of what is required to build a Financial Model.
Download this lesson’s exercise file.Exploring the Model Base.xlsm
Exploring the Model Base
Looking at aspects of the Model Base.
When to use
When constructing a basic Financial Model.
- Following on from the Basics course – it’s assumed knowledge
- Applies the ideas to build a financial model
- Concentrate on the ideas, not the calculations
- Quick session on summarizing what was covered in the Basics course:
- Model layout
- Key functions
- Financial statement ideology
- Models should adhere to the following four key qualities:
Table of Contents
- Table of contents (Navigator tab)
- The Navigator sheet has been created with a macro – to view the coding for this macro – right click on the Navigator Tab in the associated excel workbook and click ‘view code’
- To create this tab without the use of a macro it will be necessary to create some Hyperlinks to link each of the tabs to the Table of Contents.
- To create a Hyperlink for ‘Cover’: type Cover in cell F9
- Select ‘Hyperlink’ on the ‘Insert’ tab on the ribbon
- Select ‘Place in this Document’
- Type the cell reference A3
- Select ‘Cover’
- This can then be done for the other sheets in the workbook
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.