Understanding an HTML Tag
In this video we'll look at the basic structure of an HTML tag.
When to use
Most HTML tags have both a beginning and an ending tag, but some do not.
HTML tags, or Elements, usually have both an opening and a closing tag. But there are many that do not.
One tag that both opens and closes itself (without a closing tag) is the BR tag, which is a line break tag.
Hints & tips
- HTML Tags are also called Elements
- We'll usually refer to them as tags, not elements
- Most HTML tags both open and close
- Some tags don't close (or close themselves in their opening tag)
- One tag that closes itself is the <br /> line break tag.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.