About this lesson
Download this lesson’s related exercise files.Understanding HTML Attributes.docx
199.6 KB Understanding HTML Attributes - Solution.docx
Understanding HTML Attributes
Attributes allow us to add additional information to our HTML tags.
When to use
Sometimes you need to add a little bit more information to a particular HTML tag. To do that, use an attribute.
Attributes allow us to specify extra information on an HTML tag. They help us designate height and width for images, add tool tips to elements, designate language for web pages, and many more things.
We'll learn more attributes as we go along, there's no need to memorize them.
Hints & tips
- Attributes allow us to add additional information to an HTML tag.
- There are many types of attributes.
- We don't need to memorize them.
- We'll look at the important ones as we go throughout the course.
- You should generally use lower case for your attributes.
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.