About this lesson
Download this lesson’s related exercise files.HTML's Special Characters.docx
199.7 KB HTML's Special Characters - Solution.docx
HTML's Special Characters
HTML allows us to generate many special characters.
When to use
Whenever you want to use a special character that you may or may not be able to type out (it might not be on your keyboard), HTML allows us to generate those characters.
Special Characters start with the "and" symbol & and end with a semi-colon ;
Hints & tips
- © creates a copyright symbol
- ™ creates a trademark symbol
- ® creates a registration symbol
- < creates a less than symbol <
- > creates a greater than symbol >
- » creates a right double arrow
- « creates a left double arrow
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.