Subscriber only lesson.
Sign up to this course to view this lesson.
Forms are an important part of an web site.
When to use
Anytime you want to generate visitor interaction of some sort, a form can be used.
Forms are created with form tags, and various input tags:
<form action="/action.php" method="get">
<input type="text" name="name" value=""><br/><br/>
<textarea name="message" rows="10" cols="30"></textarea>
<option value="tech">Tech Support</option>
<input type="submit" value="submit">
Hints & tips
- Forms are created with form tags.
- Fill out fields are created with input tags
- Drop down boxes are created with select tags
- Form buttons are created with input tags with a type of submit
- Most forms point to a back-end script for processing
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.