Forms are an important part of an web site.
When to use
Anytime you want to generate visitor interaction of some sort, a form can be used.
Forms are created with form tags, and various input tags:
<form action="/action.php" method="get">
<input type="text" name="name" value=""><br/><br/>
<textarea name="message" rows="10" cols="30"></textarea>
<option value="tech">Tech Support</option>
<input type="submit" value="submit">
Hints & tips
- Forms are created with form tags.
- Fill out fields are created with input tags
- Drop down boxes are created with select tags
- Form buttons are created with input tags with a type of submit
- Most forms point to a back-end script for processing
Lesson notes are only available for subscribers.